2 Guys and a Microphone: Matt and Tom Chat About Compliance Trends and Rumors
September 15, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
Safe Systems is hosting a conversation with Matthew Jones, Partner and Financial and Information Security Auditor at Symphona, and Thomas Hinkel, the Compliance Guru at Safe Systems. Both have spent most of their careers working with financial institutions focused on risk and regulatory compliance.
Matt performs information security audits, including vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, social engineering audits, control reviews, financial audits, risk assessments, and more. Tom ensures that Safe Systems services abide by the appropriate financial industry regulations and best practices and has in-depth knowledge of information security compliance.
Pulling from their experiences and knowledge, Matt and Tom will chat about recent trends and changes in regulations, newer findings from examiners and auditors, and common mistakes made by institutions.
The conversation may cross over many topics, but will touch on:
- Recent audit and exam trends and rumors
- The latest with INTrex - Is this the new IT examination standard?
- "Interesting" exam findings/recommendations and what they may mean
- What to look for in SOC reports, and the changing standard (SSAE 18 to SSAE 21)
- The latest cyber incident notification requirement and implications for IRP and BCMP
- Attendee question and answer session
Thomas G. Hinkel
CISA, CRMA, CRISC, CCSA, MBCP, CTPRP